Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Book Review - Grow Your Own Drugs by James Wong

My apologies for the recent lack of posts. Uni is just crazy at the moment and so is looking after an 18 month old. Combining the two is nothing short of madness, but then if life wasn't crazy I don't think it would be half as enjoyable.

 In the midst of the madness I turned 30 this week. I don't feel any of the cliches as yet, but maybe the is still to come. I was generously gifted with some beautiful books, one being "Grow your own drugs" by James Wong. Before you get the wrong idea and think I'm growing happy cabbage (life is not quite that crazy) its a book full of recipes and advice on how to grow and use medicinal herbs for health, beauty and to incorporate into diet. Beautifully presented with stunning photos and easy to follow instructions it takes some of the mystery out of medicinals and makes you want to get in touch with your inner CWA sister. Some of my faves are the nettle hair tonic (strengthens hair and gives it shine), rosemary wine (to boost memory), marshmallow and liquorice cough syrup (for coughs, in case you hadn't guessed) and echinacea popsicles (for cold and flu).

Upon doing a little research of this guy, it turns our that James Wong has his own TV show where he shows you how to do all these sorts of things that I would love to get my hands on. I presume it only airs on pay TV in Australia. The book can be bought online at Fishpond or Book Depository with free postage and if you are keen on this sort of thing it is well worth the purchase. Love it!




Chamomile & Peppermint Blog - Book Review - Grow Your Own Drugs by James Wong




Chamomile & Peppermint Blog - Book Review - Grow Your Own Drugs by James Wong




Chamomile & Peppermint Blog - Book Review - Grow Your Own Drugs by James Wong