Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Years Eve List

Chamomile and Peppermint Blog- A New Years Eve List


I have a little personal New Years tradition whereby I steal a few moments to myself on New Years Eve to write a list. My list consists of two parts - "Thank You" and "Wishes."

"Thank You" is where I write all the things I am grateful for from the past year - the health and happiness of my family, friends and my own; the blessing of children; the opportunities I have been given; amazing new people I have met; the good times with the people I have known a long time; my gratitude for living in a country like this - and the choices it gives me in life; learning experiences - both hard and beautiful; that caterpillars didn't get the fruit on my mini-peach tree this year....

"Wishes" is where I write my wishes and hopes for the coming year - and on retrospect it always looks kinda the same! the health and happiness of my family, friends and my own; etc, etc, but maybe a little more personal or specific in regards to goals or the people I wish happiness for if they have had a particularly bad year.

It is both cathartic and readjusting. It puts things into perspective - highlights the positives and reminds me that the little things are not important - that the big picture is all about your happiness and the happiness of those around you and that we should be grateful for this. I'm not a religious soul however I think that this is the same as praying - you stop for a moment and put it all out into the universe - and I think that's powerful.

Do you have a way to say goodbye to the old year and hello to the new? I'd love to hear about it.

I wish to thank everyone for their support and kindness this year. I hope with all my heart that you learn't some amazing things in 2013 and that 2014 brings you, your family and friends all the health and happiness in the world.

Much love,

                                Emma xxx