Thursday, December 12, 2013

Something New From Something Old - DIY Giant Rag Rug Floor Cushion

A recent addition to Stella's vintage inspired kids drawing corner (see post) is this little reading nook. I took an old rag rug and some badly faded floor cushions and created the perfect giant rag rug floor cushion!


DIY Giant Rag Rug Floor Cushion


What You Will Need - 

  • Large floor cushion insert - I used 2 x 60cm cushions together to add dimension
  • A rag rug - in dimensions large enough to wrap around your insert and overlap 
  • A large upholstery needle
  • Strong wool or upholstery thread

I simply folded the rug around the cushions like I would wrap a present. I folded the two long edges together at the bottom and sewed all along this line first. Then I folded each of the sides in - envelope style - and sewed along these lines. As rag rugs are multiple colours and a little messy anyway, perfection does not matter too much (my sort of project). 

And voila! Something new from something old and a new little nook for my little one to enjoy. 


Emma xxx

Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Something New From Something Old - DIY Giant Rag Rug Floor Cushion

Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Something New From Something Old - DIY Giant Rag Rug Floor Cushion

Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Something New From Something Old - DIY Giant Rag Rug Floor Cushion