Thursday, December 5, 2013

Vintage Inspired Kids Corner

Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Vintage Inspired Kids Corner


My little possum was in desperate need of a little drawing nook. So nanny decided to look for some little chairs and came across a lovely pair at Brunswick Heads that were in desperate need of a little TLC. A little sanding and a fresh coat of paint and they were looking gorgeous. 

Instead of waiting to come across a little wooden table, I though "how hard could it be to knock one together?" Well, I discovered I'm in serious need of a little woodwork 101 (and that its time to expand my toolkit from screwdriver, sander, jigsaw and drill - yay! Bunnings, here we come!), however the result if you look from a distance is not too bad, a little wonky maybe, but that adds charm....doesn't it?.....intentional of course. A coat of homemade chalk paint and dipped legs and we have a set.

The following touches included a vintage wall hanging with pockets that was mine as a child, a rug to define the area, a draw! pilgrim poster and some handmade paper geo-shapes. I'm a little pleased with the results, but my possum is over the moon! She draws here, eats here, reads here, talks to teddy here, and all for a couple of days work and a lot of bargains! I will draw up a DIY tutorial for the table shortly so keep your eyes on this space.

Emma xxx




Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Vintage Inspired Kids Corner




Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Vintage Inspired Kids Corner