Thursday, January 9, 2014

Floral Stencilled Floor DIY

After a Pinterest love affair with stencilled floors, I decided to try my hand at it at home. I looked long and hard at pre-made stencils and instead made my own from a thin plastic folder divider. I wanted a floral design and found a pattern I liked on some lace curtains I had, hand copied it onto the plastic and cut it out with a sharp utility knife. I taped my stencil to the floor, took a household kitchen sponge, some flat, white wall paint then dipped and dabbed. I stupidly started in the most open corner in the room and would advise anyone else to start in a less conspicuous place to practice with the effect you want. Try to make sure you don't have too much paint on your sponge, a piece of cardboard can be used to dab on first to get rid of some of the paint so that it doesn't run under the stencil. Luckily I never go for a pristine finish, preferring a rougher look, as it is certainly not perfect but I think it is quite romantic and dreamy.


Emma xxx


Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Floral Stencilled Floor DIY


Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Floral Stencilled Floor DIY


Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Floral Stencilled Floor DIY


Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Floral Stencilled Floor DIY


Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Floral Stencilled Floor DIY


Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Floral Stencilled Floor DIY


Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Floral Stencilled Floor DIY


Chamomile and Peppermint Blog - Floral Stencilled Floor DIY